Wednesday 20 March 2013

Hands I have butchered ..

Wed tourny, $75, but, heart not really in it, as have a flight at 6am, and, this would go on to, 3am.

So a decent excuse .. and played a few hands, v differently than normal.

One worked out really well, but, another .. am not so sure.

Early on, after the re-buy period, Blinds 300/600, I have 12k chips.

Pick up, A ♦ A ♠ in early position, and flat call ..

One mid table, flat caller, and small blind also completes. So, 4 people see a flop of :

2 ♣ 2 ♦ 8♣

I check, and small blind bets, 1100.

I re-raise, to 4500, and he calls, pretty quickly. Now, I suppose he can have a 2 .. but, why bet the 1100.

Anyway, turn is 10 ♣

I check, and he bets, 2500 .. and I have lost the plot. I havent played with this guy before, and, the only hands he has shown, (being fairly inactive, hes had it).

To try and get a read, I ask him, will he show, if he folds, and he shrugs.

I have no idea why, but I fold ..

He shows, 8 ♦, and hides the other card.

I get knocked out, 15 mins later, and went home to sleep .. but, reviewing the hand, I think, I made quintuple errors, and its not good.

I hope he had 8 ♦ 8 ♠, but, its v likely he had 8 ♦ A ♦, or some such, maybe 8♦ A ♣, for a flush draw.












Anyway, I didnt shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment