Tuesday 5 March 2013

A day off .. But we are all addicts

Got to bed, at about 3am, following the Poker, and woke up at 6.30 or so,to check the cricket .. Aus had done the decent thing, and folded, so, went back to bed.

Got up at 11.30, and saw Oscar winner - Best Movie - Argo - was on as 11.45.

Rushed to the cinema, and they squeezed me in (I was the only person watching).

It's highly recommended.

 

Finished about 2pm, just as the afternoons cash poker starts .. So, would be rude not to have a look, and see whose playing.

Of the 6 or so people, 4 were regs, but, 1 was unknown, so, I sat down, with £150.

It was made into a very loose game, by this unknown (at least to me) - who it turns out, was a whale, taking time off from the Salon Prive.

He raised every hand .. Not much caring about pot odds ..an example.

I had A♣ K♦

2 doors away, had K♥ K♠

Next to him, had Q♣ Q♠

The whale had 10♥ 3♦

Not the best ..but a pot, of about £800 was created, and he called, for £200,pre-flop.

I missed my A for a great pay-day, but, re-loaded.

 

It was an action table, and he quickly went thru £2k, - pocket change - unfortunately, only a little to me.

Then, this hand comes along.

I have a stack of about £400, a new guy has joined the table - not a reg, but be hasn't played much.

I have Q♠ Q♣

Blinds are £1/£2, whale makes normal raise to £10. I flat call, just for a change, and the new guy, bets £35. Everyone folds to me, and I just call.

Flop comes 10♠ 6♣ 4♥

Not a bad flop for me, but check. Other guy,bets £50, I raise to £135, and he shoves.

I can call for £200 more, or fold.

I do smell a rat, but, figure he can have A 10, and folding, would be too weak.

So call.

He turns over, a hand that has bugged me for the last 2 mths - 10♥ 10♦

I am dead,to 2 outs, but, the miracle Q♥ comes on the turn !!

So I get the money, and figure some poker run good, has come my way.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment