Wednesday 27 February 2013

Bah Humbug

Really shit day.

In the local domestic T20, 2 pretty shit teams, were playing each other, and I fet the Dolphins were the least shit, and 2.1 down to 1.9, was value.

Backed them everywhere, and they won the toss, and decided to bat, on a track, where 170, is normally par.

They dawdled to 131-5 .. Bopara played another passenger role, and even against the Knights, it wasnt going to be enough.

They lose Bosman early, but, thereafter all hope ended, as they hit boundaries for fun, and got the total in a canter.

Done my absolutes.


Went to the Poker, a £100 buy-in, for which u get 8000 chips.

Its one-re buy, and I like to gamble early, and bluffed a guy, off his Jack, on a final board of

8 ♠ 8 ♥ 8 ♦ J ♦ 7♣


He asked me, if I would show, (after he had folded)  and I had to say Yes - so, showed the total air, and thou he wasnt pissed, made a mental note.

An hour later, I have got 26k chips, blinds are 200/400, and I am in the Big Blind.

I pick up 4 ♠ 4 ♦

The same guy, raised to 1200, and I have an easy call, for 800 chips.

Flop comes :   2 ♣ 4 ♥ 5 ♦

Bingo !!

First to act, I bet 2000, he raises to 4000, I push all-in, and he calls, for 18k chips.

He has : Q ♠ Q ♥   .. so, he has 2 outs ..

Turn : Q ♦ and I just want to hit someone.


Dont go on tilt, I have 8k chips left, and grind it up to 14k, when I pick up pocket 7's, and attack a mid-table raise, of 1800, which is flat-called by another player.

A good player, makes what I think, is a dubious call, with A K offsuit, but, naturally makes 2 pair, and I am looking for the door.


Its a really sick game, and I take the £100 loss, much harder, than the money lost on the cricket.


No comments:

Post a Comment