Wednesday 16 December 2015

Cricket and other thoughts

So, the finals of the domestic T20 in South Africa, went exactly as predicted in the previous post, making me .. something like, 28-3 for the tourny, when I had a bet.

Thats a pretty good strike rate .. and highlights the benefits of watching specific players, in specific competitions.








Over confidence can be a v detrimental trait in gamblers, thou, it also sometimes, has its uses .. I am wary, my good run cannot last, but, its been a v decent trot.

I am currently reading a very interesting book, called Trading Bases, which, is just about, one of the best gambling 'model' books, I have ever read.

http://www.amazon.com/Trading-Bases-Fortune-Betting-Baseball-ebook/dp/B008BM4NRK

Its all about a former Wall Street trader, who, got hit by an ambulance, lost his trading job, and to cure the boredom from being stuck in a chair, modelled baseball, with the intention of placing bets, on his model.

I cant recommend it enough .. it has many insights.

Some points he makes, re both the Financial markets/Las vegas/Sports betting/Betting to a bank-roll, are all spot-on.

I am not sure if he started a fund etc .. but, would be willing to commit some money to it, if he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment