Wednesday 12 July 2017

Getting older .. and its implications

By definition, we are all getting older .. But, when u crest a certain age, new things happen to you.

In the last 3 days, I have been stuck on multiple trains/tubes, which are standing room only, baking hot, as no aircon etc .. and have been offered a seat .. some, by fairly young females.

This is a bit disconcerting.



In a local supermarket, whilst walking past a stand, it accidentally collapsed .. Honestly, I was no-where near it, and people assumed I had tripped ? or whatever, and as I was picking a few items up, many others stopped to also help, and ask if I was ok ??

In a cinema, I was asked if I wanted the senior ticket-rate ..

All of this, is disheartening .. and does affect your confidence a little, as, generally, gambling needs a little aggression, which, is probably a young-mans attribute.

To counter this, I am starting to change my betting strategies .. and actually think more, about situations.

As you get older, u care less about what people think, and break-rules. If someone complains, I can feign hard of hearing/poor eyesight etc, or just generally act like a drooler.

So, will for now, tolerate all of this - but wont say I am enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment