Saturday 27 May 2017

Windows Vulnerabilities

During my trading career, (15 yrs), I have ... knowingly, 3 times been hacked.

Once, my email was hacked, and a bank account number, I was supposed to pay £3k into, was changed, to another .. so, the hacker, got the trf. Pretty sneaky, and clever .. if u ignore the loss.

Last week, my servers were targeted, and all files were encrypted .. a message was left, saying I could get the encryption  key, for 1 bit coin .. about $2k.




I declined .. and had the server re-built.

Its a warning .. in this digital age, few things are safe. 2 factor authentication is v useful, as are other methods, of storing passwords.

The most worrying thing, was I had no idea, how they got into the servers .. as nothing was downloaded to them .. it must have been a Windows vulnerability .. and, I have now applied all patches/changed passwords etc.

Not good... but, is one of the prices, of this digital age.

//

In other news .. A certain Irish airline, had a late take-off, by about a hr. This caused me to miss the shuttle, from returning airport, to train station, which caused a further delay, in catching said train.

The survey request, from Irish airline, was completed .. not happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment